eBay

Amethyst here.

 So, my first recent eBay purchase was a surprise win. Most likely Diamond was shocked to say least as she watched me bid on an auction seconds as it ended. Yes, I did a quick AG eBay search of things ending soon, found item, and bidded. And while, I had no problem paying price bidded for items or I wouldn't have bid. However, I, too, was shocked to win. Now I had never before done last minute, well, seconds in this case, bidding. However, I really didn't expect to win. But I won, and so I then had to figure out how to break this news to my husband. So, for my own Christmas and bday gifts looks like AG stuff I'll be receiving even though I bought items and have them already. To be honest it was so not like me to do such and though I expected not to win, it was a great deal for what was received. 

Here's what we got and I hope I did not upset any of those other bidders with my last second bid!


So, we now have added to our collection 

The AG doll Kit in her original meet outfit
Kit's school skirt set
her accessories
hair styling kit 
Kit's original bed with quilt and pillows 
Kit's desk and school set. 

And while we didn't get her nightgown, we also received with above items two nightgowns for dolls with two matching gowns for girls. Not a bad deal at less than half what above newer version items still sell. 

I might add that I had been looking before this incident at eBay items and there was a listed Lot of items no longer available that I had been watching. I also bid on these items later and was outbid myself with less than 1second left. While I was disappointed, I was like no big deal. And this lose proved to be good for Diamond as it allowed us to later find Lanie for her which is the first doll Diamond had wanted the year we FINALLY let her get an AG doll after she had asked for one 4 years in a row for Christmas. Of course, I thought she'd like a My AG that looked like her. Plus, I thought this would prevent her from wanting to add a friend or more.  And while we madeit clear she would only receive 1 doll, she was fine with that. And that worked for a couple of years until she wanted the AG GOTY McKenna which her grandmother purchased for her.

So while we thought Diamond would "outgrow" her desire for AG items. She did not. Plus, when her desires remained and though eventually she was okay with getting only 1 doll, it seems our plans backfired on us. We are nearly a decade later from when she read her first AG book where her desires began. And I now wonder had she received an AG doll early on if her desires would have faded out. Either way, we have our AG collection.

Comments