Make Tap Shoes for Gabriela GOTY 2017

I am going to show you how to make tap shoes for Gabriela.


You will need
  • Your doll. I chose Lea.
  • Duct tape-in color of your choice, I used red.
  • A pencil(in the picture I had a sharpie, but I used a pencil
  • Foil
  • Glue stick
  • Thin cardboard (a cereal box works well)



Step 1: Trace your doll's foot onto the cardboard. You will need 2 of the left foot and one right foot to make the right shoe, vice versa for the left shoe


Step 2: cut a length of duct tape that will wrap around your dolls foot. 


Fold it over like shown.


Tape onto bottom of cardboard.




Step 3: shape foil around the dolls toes.


Cover with duct tape.


Step 4: Wrap foil around the dolls heel.


Cover with duct tape.


Glue cardboard onto the bottom of the shoe.



Now, you have an extra tracing of your dolls foot. This will be the part that turns these into tap shoes.


I drew lines on the tracing to help figure out where I wanted to cut. You will need to cut off the heel and a "u" shape from the toes. 



Cover these in foil.


Glue onto bottom of shoe and your done!



I hope you enjoyed this craft! 

Comments