Superstitions-an AGPS

(Told in Ivy's POV)

One Friday afternoon, Friday the 13th to be exact, I was outside looking for four-leaf clovers.



Ellie came outside. "What are you doing?" she asked rudely.


"I'm looking for four-leaf clovers. Would you like to join me?" I asked.


"Ugh, no," Ellie started.


"Superstitions are dumb." Ellie flipped her hair.

Later that day,


"La La La. I'm so pretty. My makeup job is flawless." Ellie said to her mirror.


"You should probably be careful with that mirror, Ellie. If you broke it you will have seven years of bad luck," I warned her.


"Ugh, You and superstitions. I'll show you," Ellie said, snobbishly.


Ellie threw her mirror on the ground. It shattered into a million pieces.


"No!" I cried. "Now, you will have such bad luck!"


"Ha, I won't have seven year's bad luck. I won't even have seven weeks of bad luck. You and your superstitions." Ellie rolled her eyes.

Even later that day,


Ellie was admiring some flowers that had somehow survived through the snow.


She didn't notice the pebble, right in front of her foot.


With a crash, Ellie was on the ground.


I went outside to see what had happened. I saw Ellie on the ground and helped her up.
"Are you OK?" I asked.
"No, my arm hurts. I think its broken," Ellie muttered.
I took Ellie to the Doctor's office.


We waited for the Doctor to come in.


"Hello girls. My name is Dr. Abbott. What seems to be the problem?" Dr. Abbott asked.
"My arm hurts Dr.," Ellie stammered.
Dr. Abbott felt Ellie's arm.


"I think your arm might be broken. You'll need to come back with me for an X-ray." Dr. Abbott took Ellie to the X-ray room.


I was nervous. "What if Ellie really did have seven years of bad luck?" I wondered.


Dr. Abbott had finished taking X-rays, and brought Ellie back to the room.
"I have to go review your chart, Ellie. I'll be right back," Dr. Abbott told us.


She returned. "Well Ellie, I'm sorry to say that you have seven fractures in your arm. You will need to wear a cast for seven weeks." She told us.


"What? Seven weeks!" Ellie cried.


"Seven weeks, hmm. I hate to say I told you so Ellie, but you probably have the cast on because you broke the mirror. Seven years or weeks of bad luck."
Ellie glared at me.
Dr. Abbott took Ellie to get her cast on.


Ellie returned with a bright red cast.
"They didn't have pink, so this is the next best thing." Ellie frowned.


We returned home, and Tori made Ellie go on bed-rest for the rest of the day.


All of our sisters and cousins signed Ellie's cast. Dr. Abbott even signed it!

So, what do you guys think? Did Ellie break her arm because she broke the mirror? Or was it just coincidence? Let me know and I will tell Ellie.

Comments

  1. Hahaha! This was so awesome! I'm so glad to see you're posting again!!!!!
    ~ The Human

    http://lifeofafarmdoll.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, actually this was from January, hence the wintery scene, but I hope to put up a new post very soon.

      Delete
  2. I better be careful with my mirrors, haha!
    ~Natalie@TheAGSpot
    https://theamericangirlspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Good job! I'm so excited that your posting again! I think it was... a coincidence. I loved that you ended with a question!

    -Jewel
    http://www.dollnotebook.com/blogs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually, this technically wasn’t posted recently, but I hope to post again soon!
      Yeah, it probably was a coincidence...
      ❤️D

      Delete
    2. No problem, I wanted people to think it was new,
      ❤️D

      Delete
    3. Hi Diamond!I Don't know if you knew, but I wanted to let you know that my new site is up!

      -Jewel
      http://www.dollnotebook.com/

      Delete
    4. Thanks for letting me know! I'm going to check it out right now!

      Delete
    5. THANKS! Also, I was wondering if you would mind re-subscribing? I lost all my followers when I switched over, ): so I am trying to gain some again.

      -Jewel
      http://www.dollnotebook.com/

      Delete
    6. (Sorry I'm just know getting to this, thought I had already replied. I followed as soon as I got this, I guess I just never moderated it.)
      No problem!

      Delete
  4. Lol! Poor Ellie, MAYBE she should listen to Ivy next time XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes she should,

      Thanks for commenting!
      ❤️D

      Delete
  5. Ellie! Why! I like your story line!
    ~justAG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, yes Ellie is silly. Thank you! Thanks for commenting!
    <3D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment